Red Blue Motorbikes:
- is a company specialized in the design and development of motorbikes and/or innovative systems for motorbikes;
- manages and carries out research and development projects for motorbike companies, prototype manufacturers, racing teams and private customers;
- offers concepts and know-how.
The core business of Red Blue Motorbikes is road-racing motorbikes.
Red Blue Motorbikes
- Company philosophy: be both brilliant and methodical.
- Company strategy: patent what we develop.
- Company objective: excellence in everything we do.
- Working method: artistic in design, scientific in development.
Motto: "Learn from all but copy no one."
Red Blue Motorbikes is a Swiss company founded in 2009 and based in Lugano.
Red Blue Motorbikes research and development work involves the collaboration of more than fifty people including around twenty engineers.
Red Blue Motorbikes and its partners provide services in the following sectors:
- Motorcycle Dynamics(analysis & improvement)
- Suspension Technology
- Mechanical Design CAD/CAM
- Reverse Engineering with 3D scannig
- Rapid Prototyping
- FEM Structural Analysis (even applied to the anisotropic composite materials)
- Experimental testing of the stiffnesses of the motorcycle
- Materials Technology. In particular composites with polymer matrix PMC (thermoset or thermoplastic) or metal matrix MMC
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) included the Micro Computer Tomography or the X-Rays Analysis (for structures in composite materials)
- CFD Dynamic Fluid Analysis
- Aerodynamics (CFD Analysis & Wind Tunnel Testing in collaboration with RUAG Switzerland Ltd)
- Thermodynamics (FEM Analysis & Thermography Analysis)
- Acoustics (FEM Analysis & Anechoic Room Testing)
- Electronics: Engine Management & Data Acquisition
- Engine Design in collaboration with Oral Engineering Ltd
- Intellectual property - Patents
In its projects, Red Blue Motorbikes (RBMB) works closely with Swiss and Italian polytechnics, universities and research institutes (see "Partners" link).
Between 2009 and 2011, RBMB was involved in the MotoTI2 project, the aim of which was to design, develop and build a racing motorcycle for the FIM Road Racing World Championship GP Moto2 category.
The resulting motorcycle, designated TiMoRe609, was presented to the public in October 2010 and track-tested in summer 2011: it exhibited excellent technical features and outstanding R&D work by RBMB staff.
The MotoTI2 project resulted in the filing of two patents in the motorcycle sector.
Photos of the test drive on the Misano circuit
Since 2013 RBMB has been working closely with its university and industry partners on the SMARTTRIM project.
This project involves fitting a motorcycle Vyrus 986 M2 with three innovative devices which have developed based on RBMB's R&D expertise, for which the corresponding patents will be filed.
The aim of these technical and technological innovations introduced by the three devices is to increase the motorcycle's trim performance, resulting in even greater rider safety.
The first innovative device, known as APS (anti-pitch system – see PATENTS) was designed, patented, manufactured and fitted on the Vyrus 986 M2 in 10 months of intensive effort.
The successful track-tests took place in September 2014 (see NEWS). In addition to work perfectly, the device proved to be very effective, both in terms of the motorcycle's performance as well as rider sensations.
Currently RBMB staff are heavily involved in the second phase of the SMARTTRIM project, namely to design and manufacture an innovative aerodynamic device known as AWS (articulated wing system). A device that aerodynamically increases the load on the front wheel without putting an extra load on the corresponding suspension or generating lateral force when the motorbike leans into a bend.
Track-tests for this second innovative device are due to be carried out by summer 2016.
Since it was established in 2009, Red Blue Motorbikes has patented the following devices:
Winglets on MotoGP – Red Blue Motorbikes in the magazine GP-Racing (in French)
Red Blue Motorbikes at ANSYS Forum Ticino 2016
RBMB Tests Articulated Wing System in Wind Tunnel
Video of the wind tunnel test
Pictures of the wind tunnel test
New RBMB logo
Red Blue Motorbikes Sponsors the SWISS EPIC 2015 Mountain Bike Race
RBMB Presents the New AWS System
Vyrus RBMB APS on exhibition in Lugano
Vyrus RBMB APS on exhibition in Giubiasco
SWISS EPIC 2014: A Huge Success
Photos SWISS EPIC 2014
RBMB Track-Tests the Anti-Pitch System (APS)
Video of the track-testing
Photo gallery of the track-testing
Red Blue Motorbikes Sponsors the SWISS EPIC 2014 Mountain Bike Race
RBMB Presents the New APS System
NRC-Tech is teaming up with RBMB for the SMART-TRIM project
The Vyrus 986 M2 at the Swiss Bodypainting in Lugano - Press release
The Vyrus 986 M2 at the Swiss Bodypainting in Lugano - The best pictures (© www.fotopedrazzini.ch)
The Vyrus 986 M2 at the Swiss Bodypainting in Lugano - Accelerated movie of the paint-accomplishment
Vyrus 986 M2 on exhibition in Glattpark
Vyrus 986 M2 on exhibition in Romanel-sur-Lausanne
Vyrus 986 M2 ausgestellt in Zürich
Vyrus 986 M2 on exhibition in Avenches
Vyrus 986 M2 on exhibition in Lugano Vyrus 986 M2 exhibited in Verbier
Meeting staff R&D project RBvyrusMB
Collaboration with Vyrus
The TiMoRe609 is finally out on the track in Misano!
Photos of the test drive on the Misano circuit
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Haute Ecole d'Ingénierie et de Gestion du Canton de Vaud
Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera italiana
Università degli Studi di Padova
Haute école du paysage, d'ingénierie et d'architecture de Genève
Institut für Werkstofftechnologie AG
MecatronYx Applied Research Center
RUAG Aviation AG
CADFEM (Suisse) AG
Oral Engineering S.r.l.
EFI Technology S.r.l
HS Composite GmbH
Xi'an Saite Metal Materials Development Co., Ltd
RBMB on Twitter
Tweets di @RBMB_Sagl
Developed by CSE Sagl